Monday, October 22, 2012

Assignment 3

Visual Mapping

After many racing thoughts and ideas on this project I finished this.
I combined all the grade school photographs of myself and then copied
them as a reverse . Stacked them on top of each other, changed their opacity
over and over, moved them around in order and still not really sure I like it
at all. I've always been interested in faces of children and the way they change
as they age, but somehow stay the same , so that's why I chose this particular
concept of mapping.  I kept the original 70's era color because I feel it best
represents the time period.


1 comment:

  1. Nice work on this visual map of your childhood photographs, Kim! I enjoy how you build an impression of the passage of time throughout the composition. It reminds me of some of the futurist paintings, such as Giacomo Balla’s "Dynamism of a dog on a leash". It is also interesting how the piece begins to reflect the convention of school photographs in general.

    ReplyDelete