Monday, November 19, 2012

Assignment 5

Technology 
and it's effect on our world

 I chose to use images of my dog combined with appropriated images from a google search of "steam punk" style.  Steam punk is (in one instance) defined as a sub-genre of science fiction and fantasy featuring advanced machines and other technology based on steam power of the 19th century and taking place in a recognizable historical period or a fantasy world.



  I find this style to very artistically interesting and visually appealing! I worked on a few different pieces but kept being drawn back to the mood and effect of this one as it evolved. In the end I feel that this is representing the story of the fresh, younger generation all revved up and ready to go for a new adventure while still being aware of this older "Father Time"companion's voice of reason. It also reminded me of one of my favorite cartoons growing up- The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle. There was a particular segment of the show called " Mr. Peabody and (his boy) Sherman". Peabody was a dog of genius level and together they time-traveled in something they called the "Way Back Machine".  Awesome vintage cartoon!


I feel the images that I did appropriate were altered enough that they should not be a problem with copyright law.











No comments:

Post a Comment