Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Assignment # 2 -Social Commentary

  Social Commentary, Critique, Parody

So many ideas.... not sure which way to go.

 Possible options.

1. Mom, there's nothing to eat in this house (taken from my everyday experience)
Giant fridge loaded with food, just either too "healthy" or needing to be prepared in some way.
Compared together with some very impoverished setting with child truly starving.

2. The White Picket Fence (American Dream)
reality of what lies behind the closed doors of our homes and the way we would be shocked
 to know the real story.

3. Woman running on Treadmill while smoking

4. School Bullying
Very passionate about this subject 

5. Vacation Paradise
Throngs of rich people sunning themselves in a decadent tropical setting juxtaposed with
very impoverished natives waiting on them. 

I am artistically attracted to the work of Andy Warhol and other Pop Artists also, so I would 
 like to come up with something along that line, really.

My plan is to just surf around and start pulling ideas together and hope the flow will start 
to take flight. 

In addressing the copyright law question, I envision probably manipulating borrowed
material in such a way that it won't recognizable to it's original form. 
  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, Excellent ideas! I do not think you could go wrong with any of these choices...I'm glad you are inspired by the Pop Art movement. I enjoy that Pop artists mimicked modern life's imagery, symbols, and slogans.

    Which idea are you leaning towards at this point?

    ReplyDelete