Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Assignment 1- Psychological Self-Portrait

Assignment 1- Psychological Self-Portrait


Well, project 1 is completed.. for now. I would loved to have
created a piece that portrayed all the ideas and images that have
danced through my head as I imagined this work in progress.
Unfortunately, my technical skills are just beginning.

I chose the basic mood of the piece as being an urban setting
that I feel most alive and invigorated in. The photograph was 
taken in NYC. I love the way the the tall buildings are accentuated
by the curve of the fish-eye lens. The clock in the scene is what I 
feel the eye is most drawn to and so I feel this also greatly represents
my current state of mind , TIME, and the utter amazement of how fast 
it moves in life! There's just never enough of it!

After using a quick selection mask, inverted, I cut out the plain looking 
skyline and hoped to fill it in with possibly a very "contrast-y" scan.

I played around with many different background (skyline) effects to try
 and highlight the overall mood and had a hard time choosing, but selected
 as the final one a gradient black and white that I manipulated on the
layer until it was placed in the most appealing way.

While I feel over-all this is a piece that may represent my personality
in some way and I do like the way it looks for now, I can't help but
wish I could have created more.

 Staying optimistic and working on the basics until that can be achieved!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment